1. It’s not how much you do, but how effectively you do it. As fitness professionals, we often try to do too much or put too much on the line. It’s not good for us to go to these extremes, or to push ourselves too much. When I talk about pushing myself too much, I’m talking about doing more than our bodies are ready for (also known as super-extension).
2. Don’t forget what your limits are. When you’re working out, you should keep in mind that the effort you put forth is not more important than the results you get. While your effort levels might seem high, keep in mind what you can achieve with your efforts. Too many women go to these extremes because they fail to realize that in order to get those amazing results they want, they need to do less than what they’re currently doing.
3. Focus on the process and nothing else. Keep your thoughts on the exercise you’re doing, and let your thoughts on the results you’re getting take care of themselves. Don’t let thinking on the results take over your focus.
4. It’s never too late to moderate your attitude. You can moderate your attitude at any time. In fact, you can always moderate your attitude. If you want to moderate, just remember that there is always a better option available to you.
5. Don’t allow a lack of results to hinder you. If you’re not getting the results you want, isn’t the time to stop.
It’s often a bit harder to stay within the lines of a desired goal. You may be putting in a lot of time and effort, but you may not see results.
Now, we’ve gone into some detail about what NOT to do, but what NOT to do isn’t enough. We still need to discuss what NOT to do.
* Don’t go overboard. You may have the best intentions in the world, but you can’t take on too much, too soon. Too much can set you up for failure. You can’t sustain the effort if you’re pushing yourself too hard.
* Don’t let a lack of results derail you. Make sure you’re monitoring your progress. You need to know that you’re getting the results you want before you can make any determination as to whether or not you want to escalate your effort.
* Don’t focus on the results. You’ll focus on the results you want when you’ve got ’em, but you won’t get ’em unless you put the effort in. If you don’t want to get fit because you don’t have results, you won’t be able to find the time or the motivation to find the results.
Now, let’s discuss what NOT to do, starting with…
* Don’t push yourself too hard. You’ve got your goals and your commitment to keep you going, but you need to realize that your body needs rest. You can be committed to a lot of things, but you can’t be committed to all of them. You’ve got to find the time to let yourself relax and rejuvenate. You may need to make time for yourself while keeping your goals.
* Don’t try to fit exercise into your life. Be open-minded and willing to experiment with different activities and things you enjoy. Find activities you enjoy that give you a sense of accomplishment and pride. This is how you can keep going when you’re no longer achieving your goals.
You may also need to do some self-hypnosis to help you with the push-ups or with any other exercise. You may be aware that it’s difficult to get that push-up right, but if you can get that push-up right, you can keep going. When you find a push-up that you like, you need to make sure that you build yourself up to that push-up. There are push-ups that will help you to get that push-up, but in order to get that push-up, you’ve got to build yourself up to that push-up. You’ve got to do the best you can to beat that resistance. Once you beat that resistance, you’ve got to keep going. If you can’t keep going, you’ve got to find something else to do until you can keep going.
Once you start to feel yourself being drawn off your goal, you need to look at what’s wrong. You need to analyze why you’re not seeing the results you’re looking for. Are you eating too much? Drinking too much? Taking too many supplements? Doing too much of too much work? There are a lot of things that can cause you to feel drawn off your goal. Fix the problem and keep moving.
When you find that you’re not seeing the results you want, what you need to do is to take your time to make sure that you’re seeing everything that you need to see. Do one thing at a time until you’ve gotten rid of everything that’s causing you to lose focus. Once you’ve gotten rid of everything, you need to focus on one thing at a time until you’ve overcome that resistance. Remember, you’ve got to keep going.
You’ve got to find a way to get the push-ups that are right for you. You’ve got to be aware of the best way to do push-ups and stay focused on that push-up. Do you have that push-up that you can keep doing until you’ve reached your goal? Once you’ve got that push-up, once you’ve got your focus and you’ve got that push-up, you’ve got to keep going.
Keep moving and keep going and keep focused. Keep focused on your goal and you’ll keep getting what you want. You’ll keep seeing the results you want.